DDC Dolphin is a leading global manufacturing company based in Poole, Dorset. We are a respected manufacturer of medical equipment for sluice rooms in the Healthcare sector. This environment demands that all our products are designed and manufactured respecting rigorous adherence to environmental and regulatory requirements. Whilst remaining competitive in the market, our equipment must utilise the latest technology to benefit and protect patients and healthcare workers.
Position - Head of Operations
Responsible to - Managing Director
Location - Poole, Dorset
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Operations professional to join a global market leading manufacturing company operating in the healthcare industry. Based in Poole, working closely with all other departments and reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will provide leadership and management of logistics, materials, quality, supply chain, planning, and manufacturing functions.
This an exciting time to join an established business and great team with ongoing ambitious plans and growth aspirations.
We are looking for someone with aspirations to far exceed expectations, grow with a business, bring fresh and exciting ways of working and to drive the very best quality and efficiency levels.
- Collaboration with senior management in the development of strategic goals, operational plans and performance.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company objectives and worldwide quality standards.
- Setting and agreeing of company and departmental measures to monitor performance and drive improvement as required. Provide leadership and support in the delivery of these measures.
- Lead the implementation and promotion of lean manufacturing methods and practices.
- Analysing delivery and inventory issues and providing solutions.
- Transfer of New Product Developments and product changes from Development into production.
- Establishing and controlling conditions of production to satisfy customer and quality specifications.
- Organising and directing workflow for satisfying production requirement in a cost-efficient manner.
- Developing and motivating the cost-effective alternatives and improvements to production process.
- Maintaining proper employment levels through selecting, interviewing, and training of personnel.
- Maximising the efficiency of production lines and ensuring the effective employment utilisation.
- Maintaining employee safety and morale by creating safe working and efficient working environment.
- Managing the purchasing, stock control, distribution, production-scheduling tasks
- With the support of the wider team, develop further a robust supply chain to mitigate operational risk.
- Performing analysis of manufacturing materials and determining optimum control levels.
- Liaising with Sales and other departments on planning and predicting customer orders to satisfy shipments.
Skills & Experience:
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to motivate, influence, and train people.
- Be enthusiastic, credible, and dependable always
- Be focused and goal oriented
- Have good organisational skills
- Be able to multitask
- Be inventive and resilient
- Have excellent IT skills (including Outlook and Excel)
- Operational management experience
- People Management experience
- Worked with and developed MRP systems
- Degree in business, engineering, logistics, or related field preferred.
- Life Assurance paying 4 x employee base salary
- 25 days annual leave (rising after certain length of service milestones)
- Public/Bank holidays paid
- Private Medical Insurance
- Birthday and Christmas Voucher rewards
- Company Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
Closing date for applications is February 28th 2023.