DDC Dolphin Expands Sluice Room Refurbishment Service
World-class infection prevention and control specialist DDC Dolphin has expanded its unique sluice room refurbishment service.
DDC Dolphin refurbishes and creates extra sluice rooms in care homes. This helps homes to stop the spread of infections – safeguarding residents and staff.
It also helps homes to improve or underpin their Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating – crucial to attracting new residents.
DDC Dolphin is the only manufacturer of infection control equipment able to offer a full turnkey service for sluice room refurbishments and fit-outs.
The service includes:
- a free initial consultation and free design survey
- supplying and installing a powerful but economical bedpan washer disinfector or medical pulp macerator
- supplying and installing a UVMATIC air purifier to kill bacteria and stop malodour
- supplying and installing robust and hygienic stainless steel furniture (grade 304 and 316)
- overseeing all plumbing and electrical work
- fitting impermeable, impact-resistant Altro Whiterock™ or other similar cladding to the walls
- installing healthcare-grade flooring
- project managing the entire sluice room installation – so care homes have just one point of contact and one invoice
- providing aftercare – ensuring the sluice room continues to deliver optimum performance and a good return on investment.
DDC Dolphin Marketing and Product Innovation Director Zoe Allen said: “Our engineers work quickly, efficiently and with minimum disruption to homes’ residents and care teams.
“Most of our work involves refurbishing care homes’ existing sluice rooms – but we can also create brand new sluice rooms by converting underused areas of space,” she added.
This gives care homes more than one sluice room, offering a host of infection control advantages:
- extra sluice room capacity – helping care staff to cope better as homes expand and take in more residents
- eliminating key infection control risks – such as care staff having to carry bedpans through dining rooms or other communal areas
- providing essential backup when one sluice room’s equipment is being serviced.
Ms Allen said: “It doesn’t take much extra space to create additional sluice rooms – they are very compact – but the infection control benefits are significant.
“Our teams have even added new sluice room facilities to Grade II listed buildings. In one instance, the project involved the retention of a treasured leaded window,” she added.
DDC Dolphin is a global leader in the provision of infection prevention and control solutions. It exports machines and consumables to hospitals and care homes all over the world.
The company manufactures and supplies medical pulp macerators, incontinence product macerators, bedpan washer disinfectors, UV air purifiers, stainless steel furniture, and sluice room consumables.
DDC Dolphin is one of only three companies in the world specialising in the manufacture of medical pulp macerators. The machines’ hands-free technology makes it safer to dispose of human waste.
For more information, contact DDC Dolphin.