DDC Dolphin's New Sustainable HQ Creates New Jobs
Global infection control solutions manufacturer DDC Dolphin has created more jobs after moving to its newly-built sustainable HQ.
The company is recruiting customer service, sales, purchasing, accounting and engineering staff to boost its team of 40 head office staff and 45 remote/field-based colleagues.
DDC Dolphin’s new 2,177 sq m (23,433 sq ft) Dorset head office and technical facility is 2.6 times the size of its predecessor.
The new building features solar panels and other sustainable technology to help hospital trusts, care and nursing homes to hit their carbon emission targets. The NHS has committed to reaching net zero by the year:
- 2040 for its directly controlled emissions
- 2045 for the emissions it influences through its supply chain.
DDC Dolphin’s new Poole office and manufacturing facility includes:
- Nearly 300 sq m of rooftop solar panels – generating 61.56 kilowatts of power at peak output.
- Lower levels of air permeability – saving energy by reducing the need for heating. Actual consumption of heating, cooling and lighting energy are all below notional levels.
- Motion-controlled lighting to reduce energy use.
- Showers for cyclists to encourage active travel to work.
- Dedicated toilet and shower facilities for disabled people.
The 30-year-old company’s relocation was made easier by the distance involved…it has moved just yards to the other side of the road. So its address and postcode remain the same: DDC Dolphin Ltd, The Fulcrum, Vantage Way, Poole, BH12 4NU.
DDC Dolphin Marketing and Product Innovation Director Zoe Allen said: “Moving was just a short hop – but it’s a huge leap in terms of what we can now achieve for our NHS and private sector customers.
“As an expanding company with ambitious growth plans, we urgently needed more space to create the next generation of sluice room equipment for hospitals and care homes.
“And after the last two years, we’re conscious that not everyone has the luxury of being able to work from home – so we wanted to give our team the best workplace we could.”
She added: “We wanted the new building to be environmentally friendly to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals. We’re encouraging and enabling our team members to support them in that quest.”
DDC Dolphin is a global leader in the provision of infection control equipment for hospitals and care homes. It exports machines and consumables all over the world.
The company manufactures and supplies medical pulp macerators, incontinence product macerators, bedpan washer disinfectors, UV air purifiers, stainless steel furniture, sluice room consumables and an antimicrobial coating that protects surfaces for up to six months each time.
New products include Vacumatic – a 100% hygienic, efficient and odourless waste disposal system that overcomes the infection risks associated with using conventional yellow bags. It also vacuum-compacts the waste – helping hospitals, care homes and other establishments to reduce the cost of disposal.
DDC Dolphin is one of only three companies in the world specialising in the manufacture of medical pulp macerators. The machines’ hands-free technology makes it safer to dispose of human waste.
DDC Dolphin’s wide range of infection control solutions will be on show at:
- Healthcare Estates Conference and Exhibition, 4-5 October 2022, Manchester Central (Stand A34)
- Care Show, 12-13 October 2022, NEC Birmingham (Stand D73)
- IPS Conference 2022, 17-19 October 2022, BIC, Bournemouth (Stand 51)
- Care Industry Forum, 7-8 December 2022, Crowne Plaza, Stratford-upon-Avon.
For more information, please contact DDC Dolphin Marketing and Product Innovation Director Zoe Allen, 01202 731555.