Your infection control procedures are pivotal to the safety of your patients and service users, as well as impacting on the wellbeing of caregivers, budgets and operational procedures.
How well do you know common infection control procedures? Take this quiz to find out...
Try DDC Dolphin’s advanced infection control equipment for free in your hospital wards.
1. Hand washing is critical to infection control. Which of these is not considered a cleaning agent?
b) Alcohol hand gel
c) Liquid soap
2. When handling items which are soiled with bodily fluids, it’s important to wear gloves. Which of these would not be suitable?
3. Which colour bag should you use when disposing of clinical waste?
4. Which of the following can be worn on hands during patient care?
a) A ring with a plain band
b) False nails
c) Rings with stones
d) None of the above
5. Do you need to wash your hands after wearing gloves?
c) Only if hands are visibly soiled
6. Which of the following is not included in Standard Infection Control Precautions?
a) Management of blood and bodily fluid spillage
b) Patient’s personal hygiene
c) Safe handling of linen
d) Cleanliness of care equipment
7. How long should hands be washed for after wetting hands and applying soap?
a) 5 seconds
b) 2-3 minutes
c) For as long as you feel appropriate
d) 15-20 seconds
8. Which of the following should be avoided during hand washing?
a) Paper towels
b) Liquid soap
c) Nail brushes
9. When should you dispose of a plastic disposable apron?
a) At the end of each shift
b) Every hour
c) Between caring for each patient
d) After it’s been washed once
10. Which of the following would not be advisable when cleaning a faeces spillage?
a) Discarding disposables as household waste
b) Washing hands
c) Putting on an apron and gloves
d) Removing the spillage with disposable paper towels
11. Disinfection is a process in addition to cleaning. When is it necessary?
12. What is the definition of a ‘single use’ item?
a) An item that can be used by a single patient, multiple times
b) An item that can only be used once before it needs disinfecting
c) An item that can only be used once before being disposed of
d) An item that can only be used for a single day
Dispose Of Human Waste Safely, Hygienically, Effectively And Efficiently With DDC Dolphin.
Need more help with your infection control measures?
DDC Dolphin produce cutting-edge sluice room technology which leads the industry in redefining infection control standards.