DDC Dolphin is a leading global manufacturing company based in Poole, Dorset. We are a respected manufacturer of medical equipment for sluice rooms in the Healthcare sector. This environment demands that all our products are designed and manufactured respecting rigorous adherence to environmental and regulatory requirements. Whilst remaining competitive in the market, our equipment must utilise the latest technology to benefit and protect patients and healthcare workers.
We are growing our Field Service Team based upon the success of our service delivery and are currently seeking a Field Based Service Engineer.
Position - Field Based Service Engineer
Responsible to - Service Manager
Location - Various
The successful candidate will demonstrate and have experience in technical support (preferably 2 years’ field based). Experience on our products is a strong advantage however full training will be given. Your minimum skillset should include a technical qualification: National Certificate/City and Guilds or equivalent. A qualification in HTM 2010 and HTM2030 is desirable however not a pre-requisite. Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work on your own initiative & excellent communicator both written and verbally. Demonstrate an ability to prioritise your workload, work to deadlines and deal with conflicting work pressures.
A Field Service Engineer will help deliver an unrivalled, flexible service to our client base and international operations. Suitable candidates should have experience of motors, pumps, plumbing, electrical systems, and electronic control systems.
Sound fault finding experience is an essential part of this role, specifically in electro-mechanical devices. The successful candidate should ideally feel comfortable in the sectors we support and working with waste product.
Our Field Service Engineers carry out maintenance, compliance testing, fault finding and installation of our full product range across a variety of customer sites.
The ability to identify commercial opportunities and feedback accurate information using an electronic task management device.
Successful candidates will undergo enhanced CRB/DBS background to be eligible to work within the sectors we support.
- Reacting to business requirements and work anywhere that the business identifies with short notice. This covers anywhere within reasonable travelling distance the UK.
- Installation of a range of capital equipment including Washer disinfectors, Macerators, and Stainless-steel fixtures which require water and waste services.
- Perform commissioning work.
- Service & validation of capital equipment to the relevant EN/HTM standards.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with all customers.
- Carry out preventative maintenance & breakdown cover.
- To work as part of a service team.
- ISO is a big part of the roles requisites and will require full awareness and participation.
- Work closely with the Regional Service Manager and Lead Service Engineer to give progress updates.
- To work in a safety conscious manner and with consideration for our customers to minimise their disruption.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record in technical support (preferably field based).
- Experience on product a strong advantage.
- Electrical fault-finding experience
- Mechanical fault-finding experience
- Plumbing installations/repair
- Technical qualification: National Certificate/City and Guilds or equivalent.
- Qualifications in HTM 2010 and HTM2030 desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, work to deadlines and deal with conflicting work pressures.
- Company Van provided with private use if desired
- Company issued tools
- Uniform and full PPE
- Life Assurance paying 4 x employee base salary
- Drink and Meal allowance
- 25 days annual leave (rising after certain length of service milestones)
- Public/Bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Birthday and Christmas Voucher rewards
- Company Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
We have various Field Service Engineer positions available.